Hong Kong Professional Mediation Association (HKPMA) is a Hong Kong-based mediation body. With the support of a number of Hong Kong businesses, law firms and CPA firms to encourage the development and use of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and mediation in commercial disputes. Members of HKPMA come from all walks of lives, including, investment bankers, trading & commercial experts, engineers, legal professionals, accountants, middle management classes, insurance practitioners, education experts, etc…
To promote mediation and ADR is one of the most important objectives of HKPMA. To achieve this, we offer offers training services to the organization and corporate sector. The trainings shall include Conflict Resolution in the Corporate Structure and Diversity and the focus is on team building and collaborative negotiation. For details, please refer to the topic “Corporate Mediation Training”.
HKPMA and her trainers, most of them with professional qualifications, for instance, solicitor, counsel, LLM, accountant, etc… have sound records of training to and is/are permitted contractors/program operators/trainers/coach/speakers on mediation and conflict resolutions of:
- Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited
- Hospital Authority
- Macau University of Science and Technology
- Police of Macau Special Administrative Region
- The Small & Medium Law Firms Association of Hong Kong
- The Life Underwriters Association of Hong Kong
- Hong Chi Association
- Institute of Securities Dealers Limited
- School of Law of City University of Hong Kong
- Baptist University, etc… (for further references, feel free to call our secretary general at 8206 6616)
Mediation is a process by which opposing parties come to a resolution of their differences with the help of an impartial third party, the mediator. HKPMA provides Professional Mediators to facilitate communication between parties, to empower individuals to reach mutually acceptable agreements and increase individual’s self-capacity to manage conflict constructively. More importantly, HKPMA’s mediators assist respective parties to control the outcome of the process.
The aims and objectives of HKPMA are to:
- Accept requests on mediation of, includes but not limited to, contract, shareholders, investment, trading, banking, securities, insurance, shipping & logistics, properties, construction, intellectual properties, education, personal injuries and probate disputes, etc…;
- Accept requests on mediation appointed by the Government, the Mainland & overseas organizations on commercial disputes;
- Assist and support mediators in the process of mediation and to promote intellectual exchange among mediators;
- Promote mediation and ADR to resolve disputes in the community;
- Train and assist individual to become accredited and professional mediator.